Vision and Mission:
APGC is a multidisciplinary (and interdisciplinary) organization supported by scholars, academic units and institutions, benevolent policy-makers, and organizations of civil society worldwide whose concern is with issues sweeping across our global community. Members are committed to:
- Dialogue over common goods, humanization of social relations, and quality of life in an era of globalization.
- Exploring new insights through accommodation of people from different disciplines to respond to global concerns (we can’t claim we can do it for all).
- Understand how new ideas and alternative perspectives could respond to global concerns and questions.
- Providing policy-oriented consultation on global concerns and crises for both national and international institutions as well as government and non-governmental organizations.
To achieve those goals, APGC [APGC] looks for/has the following objectives:
- Advancing the work of scholars and others who are interested in promoting multi- interdisciplinary (it should either be multidisciplinary or interdisciplinary -one or the other) knowledge and advisory opinion on global concerns from alternative perspectives.
- Encouraging and constructing global exchanges between people working in the areas of knowledge, research, and policy-oriented fields related to global concerns from alternative perspectives.
- Publishing and disseminating the works done about global concerns from alternative perspectives.
- Facilitating a global forum of scholars, academic units and organizations of civil society working together with the shared interest to analyze, respond, and provide practical solutions for global concerns.
- Providing advisory opinion for international and national institutions as well as government and non-governmental organizations in charge of or interested in responding global concerns.
- Initiating workshops and training sessions related to alternative perspectives and global concerns.